Monday 29 October 2012

Let's punch Monday in the face...

I am feeling beautifully chipper this morning. Perhaps it's because I'm spending a few days with my beloved niece who can magically make even a fart seem cute. She's a talented bugger. Perhaps it's because I will shortly be singing a whole host of Disney songs with my mother and sister (no, alas, we've never grown up). Perhaps it's because I'm seeing my favourite Uncle (shhhhhh!! Don't tell anyone I said that. Rude!), Aunt, Grandma (the one that likes me) and two of the most perfect twin girls (my cousins) the world will ever know. Perhaps it's because we're all visiting Lacock tomorrow (the village in my favourite Pride and Prejudice AS WELL AS Harry Potter. Must remain calm. Must not yelp. Must keep happy dance to a minimal. Am not the youngest member of the tour group. I'm not hopeful). Or perhaps it's because I've finally given in to my feelings for the boy and have stopped trying to fight or displace them. My guess would be that it's because I'm still in bed. Shallow as a puddle!? What!?

Whatever the reason, I'm smiling and it doesn't involve cake. Today is wonderful.

I have tried to upload a beautiful version of "No day but today" by the mesmerising Idina Menzel live from the Manchester Palace Theatre. I found a recording which explains that the video is actually of the ceiling (I know how to treat you, don't I! Or will do when i catch up with technology) but it matters not because Idina's voice is as clear as the sea off the bay in Corfu. However, I appear to be struggling. I am still in bed after all. So here are the lyrics and I will endeavour to upload the video as soon as I can get myself to a computer...

"No Day But Today" by Jonathan Larson RIP, taken from the Musical Rent. (These lyrics are the version Idina sang at her concert) (I don't own the music or lyrics).

"There's only us.
There's only this.
Forget regret or life is yours to miss.
No other road.
No other way.
No day but today.

There's only us.
Only tonight.
We must let go to know what's right.
No other path.
No other way
No day but today.

I can't control my destiny.
I trust my soul.
My only goal is just to be.

There's only now.
There's only here.
Give in to love or live in fear.
No other road.
No other way.
No day, no day but today.

There's only us.
Only tonight.
We must let go to know what's right.
No other road.
No other way.
No day but today."

...the wait for the vocals will be worth the wait. I hope. Good morning, let's punch Monday in the face together, shall we!

No comments:

Post a Comment