Monday 21 February 2011

Ranting is good for the soul...

I haven't mentioned this but I am currently on my third and final teaching practice. Although, in many ways, it is one of the favourite parts of my teaching course - it's the best way to perfect and understand your teaching style - but it bloody well leaves you exhausted, emotional (which is very unlike me) and just altogether drained. 
Even if your placement is going well, you cannot muster up the energy day after day after day and eventually it does catch up with you. Especially when your body is getting over a summer dose of Glandular Fever. That was couldn't have come at a better time, thank you, Glandular Fever, thank you so very much. It was then, with some relief to find that two of my other university friends were feeling exactly the same way as I was; exhausted; emotional; drained and to add another, alone.

It's such a strange feeling; obviously, I wasn't glad to hear that two of my friends were feeling exhausted, emotional, drained and alone - it was not a schadenfreude moment, I promise you - and obviously, hearing they were feeling the same way didn't give me the sudden burst of energy that I had been lacking, - only proplus seems to do that at the moment - but somehow, just knowing that I wasn't alone in my exhaustion made everything that bit more bearable.

Why is this? It is not as if I am not one to worry about what others think of me or to worry about being different. Nor does it worry me if I am the only one to like something and yet, after spending time with these girls and suddenly realising that I wasn't quite so alone in my exhaustion, made such a world of difference I can't even explain. I think even the most independent of us needs to know that at least one other person out there is going through or at least thinking the same things we are.

I also genuinely think a good rant is a wonderful thing for the soul. You know you agree with me. I hate to admit it, but just voicing all the wee irritations of your week really feels like someone has taken them away. This is so very silly. It is not as if they have gone anywhere. But sharing really does help. Could this be another reason why I have finally started a blog? I guess it is a way to voice all those things I haven't been able to. Who knows, perhaps you shall become my new way to regenerate myself? Watch this space.

Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment