Wednesday 8 June 2011

Running for Rob...

My darling friend Charlotte (whom I have mentioned in this blog a few times) ran the Bupa 10k last week and I have never been so proud. Not only because she finished the race nor because she was training during our finale stretch of university but also because she must have ran the whole race with a heavy sadness as she was running in memory for her dear friend Rob. These are her words:



On the 22nd March 2010, my friend Rob Allan passed away in his sleep aged just 22. This was a huge shock and desperately unfair to all who knew him. 
Rob died from an undiagnosed heart condition, something which affects 12 young people in the UK every week. Cardiac Risk in the Young are a local charity that do an astonishing amount across the country in both raising awareness and promoting testing to avoid similar tragedies. I have been lucky to work for them as a volunteer and can say first hand what a vital and deserving charity they are. I know they have been a great support to Rob's family.
I feel very lucky to have known Rob and I hope to honour him in some small way by running in his memory on 30th May.
Anything you can spare at all will be greatly appreciated. Whilst he would almost certainly be laughing at my efforts, Rob really does deserve it. 
Thank you 
Charlotte x



I think this is such a worth while cause, so if any of you have the smallest bit of change then you would make Charlotte's day (and mine, consequently) by donating even the smallest amount. Thank you!! 


Here is her donation site; http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=CharlottePayne


Josephine x




No comments:

Post a Comment