Sunday 6 March 2011

Flutter by butterflies...

After having a week off from placement having been signed off by the doctor with a viral infection (I wont go into detail; it's long, complicated, not very interesting and frankly, if I have to explain it just once more I may go crazy and turn into the Hulk. It wont be pretty, I promise you), I am back to my teaching practice tomorrow. Although the week off has made me realise just how ill I was (and terribly, just how long I was ill for), and has given me the rest I needed to actually get better, having a week off has also meant that I have to venture into my placement school tomorrow with little or no idea what we are doing this week.

Please don't get me wrong, when my placement teacher text me saying that she would write the plan for this week and just 'fill me in on Monday morning' so I could concentrate on getting better, I could have kissed her, offered her my first child (which I am yet to have) and given her the use of my womb if ever she needed it. BUT, and this is a big but, the thought of rolling up tomorrow morning with nothing planned and simply saying 'Hey kids....er...so...what did ya learn last week then?' is not something that anyone, let alone a trainee teacher, wants to face. Even with my rather adorable year 2 angels.

As I sit here and write this post, I am about as nervous as I was on my first day there back in January. Why is this? Why does having just one week off make me feel as if I have taken five hundred thousand steps back? Is it because the rest of my friends have spent the week facebooking and tweeting about how great and smashing they are finding having their respective classes to themselves, while I was finding walking upstairs an major physical challenge; is it because a week is a long time in education, or is it simply because I am one of those ridiculous people that feels she's 'letting everyone down' if she takes even one day off? Who the hell knows for sure. All I do know is that if the butterflies in my stomach don't calm down soon, I am in danger of floating away entirely. 

So, if you happen to spot a fairly short, slightly chubby, quater Italian, twenty-something girl with big bug eyes and larger-than-average cup size, do help her down, she has to be in Teddington at 8am tomorrow morning, and she'd rather present herself appropriately dress in all her teacher-get-up rather than looking like a perplexed and hungover phyciatric patient (I'm sorry, but if you started to randomly float all over the place, how do you think you would look?? Exactly; slightly perplexed and dazed) after having a week off. Even if I do have a doctors note.

Erm, so how long before I ask for Friday off to attend my Grandpa's funeral?? Errrrr...Fuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment