Sunday 27 March 2011

Pipe Down...

I think I may talk too much. For those of you that know me you will be forgiven for rolling around on the floor at this stage. I know I talk too much. My mother likes to tell all that I'm 'Olympic Level' at talking too much, but this morning when spending a delightful morning with one of the most delightful girls that ever graced this planet, I felt I talked excessively and did not give her the chance to have her fair share of ranting opportunity.

My friend, known henceforth as 'The Darling One', is just one of those people that is an absolute joy to be around. She is sweet and caring, funny and silly and with enough gumption to get really heated when something has annoyed her, making her, therefore, not in the least bit tedious or dull in her niceties. I could spend hours with the girl and not get bored in the slightest. She's a rare find and someone who I think I will be friends with for a long time to come. Or at least I very much hope I will.  

Today we met for breakfast where I had a slice of red wine and chocolate cake (heaven itself) and she a slice of the banana cake. Both incredible and a highly recommended way to spend ones Sunday morning. We did not brave the outside along the river front, however, as it was just that bit too nippy and the sun had yet to show its face. It was, as The Darling One would say, 'beyond perf'. But as I sit in my living with my flatmate completing a painful amount of paperwork for my placement, I can't help but think yet again I did not give The Darling One enough space or time to rant herself. She listened to me and of course I am not so selfish as to not give her any time to have a rant herself, but my question is, did I give her enough time? Did she feel as if she was able to get enough off her chest? (so to speak, you dirty minded individuals...tut tut!) She is such a sweetheart and I know what she needs more than anything right now is to be heard, and I just hope that in the course of our morning that she realises just how much she was. I agree with all the little irritations in her life and think she actually has the patience of a saint as well as being totally (sorry, The Darling One, I of course mean 'totes') justified in her frustrations.

So I guess this is just a wee post to let The Darling One know that my morning was the perfect blend of relaxation and release and that next time she is only to put on her teaching voice and tell me 'it's The Darling One's turn to talk now'. For her, I would gladly shut the hell up and do my very best 'active listening' for as long as she needed. I might even get a 'star' for such good listening. Oh wait, no! That 'star' will always belong to The Darling One.

No comments:

Post a Comment