Friday 22 July 2011

The Llama's Pyjamas...

It's so silly how the simplest of things can affect you in such a positive way but it is delightful the way our mind works. Grand gestures are often lost on me. Someone once bought me a star for my birthday and although it was probably the sweetest gift I ever received hearing that it was 'the most generous gift I have ever heard of' and 'My God, what a thoughtful idea!' by the said friends father (and said friend come to think it) again, and again, and AGAIN just deemed the beautiful gesture too much. Little tokens with no fuss or mess is what I like.


I spent the weekend with The Blonde One and it was pure bliss. Even with her mocking of my tears during Harry Potter (it's frigging sad, ok!). At least I wasn't scared. Ha! Being joined on the Sunday by Dynasty was the Nutella icing on the chocolate-weekend cake. I don't know what it is about our mocking based conversations that leaves me so elated but those two little gems really are the cream of British friendship. And before you imagine us as the three bitchy Macbeth witches, we mock each other only not others. This mocking tickles me such a lot that during our Sunday lunch my nostrils were fizzing with Diet Coke (asked for a full fat coke but there you have it) and frozen yoghurt. I can only liken the feeling to when I spent too much time as a child diving in and out of the swimming pool on holiday. A truly bizarre feeling during lunch though that's for sure. From The Blonde One pointing out that 'these jeans would be nice if they weren't horrid' to my 'it's all wet now that's it raining. It was nice and dry before it rained' there was barely a moment that didn't involve one of us crying with laughter...maybe you had to be there. What can I say, we like to state the obvious but these statements need to be mocked before they slip into our everyday conversation. It's the way it's always been and long may it continue.

Before this lunch of laughter even took place though my day had been made when The Blonde One sneakily bought herself, me and Dynasty 'modern day adult friendship' bracelets. They are, quite simply, the llama's pyjamas. She bought two sets of three coloured string bracelets with attached charms and we separated them like so; The Blonde One's charms are a bird and a star; Dynasty's charms are a bird and a heart and mine are a heart and a star. See what we did there!? Our bracelets are from Topshop but I'm positive you could find a suitable similar from just about any shop if you were ever thinking of being THIS cool.

Although I really want to confess to you all that I feel juvenile for wearing my bracelets, I can't. They are the sort of bracelet I would wear anyway and I love that the girls have matching ones. They make me smile whenever I look down at my wrist and they remind me that with friends like mine everyone else shove their heads down a toilet. And flush.
 
... I may even colour co-ordinate my wedding to match the blue and brown string. Or is that too far!?  

No comments:

Post a Comment