Monday 25 July 2011

Not Tonight...you, Wild Horses

I have just had a thought; as I am off on holiday in a few days time I will probably not be able to post a motivational song for next week. This does not bode well seeing as I have only just begun this wee song post marlakey. They do say timing is everything. So, I have decided to post another (yes, another...it's just all too exciting!) song this week and hopefully you won't begrudge me taking a holiday.

The next song I have chosen is completely different from my song for Dynasty. There is not a massive story with this song, I just really like it. I have been raping the repeat button on it for well over two months now and I am not bored of it in the slightest. In fact, I think it gets more beautiful which each listen. It most definitely helped me from killing my flatmates during my final assignments at university as well as distracting me when waiting for my wee niece to be born. I remember listening to the original Rolling Stone's version as a child but Charlotte Martin's cover is so beautifully haunting that every time I hear it I imagine I am sitting on my sofa on a winter's night with a handsome (by handsome I, of course, mean a 6ft, chubby-ish, built like a rugby player type with a very geeky glint in his eye. Standard) chap who only has to look at me to send shivers running up and down my spine as fast as a particularly speedy rocket. I find it that haunting. And don't look so perplexed, I can have a romantic thought from time to time you know. It's only a small commitment issue I have, don't blow it out of the water. Sheesh!

So here, one week ahead of schedule is my chosen song;

Charlotte Martin's cover of Wild Horses ...lyrics and all (simply press the title...)


Childhood living is easy to do
Things that you wanted, well I bought them for you
Graceless lady you know who I am
You know I can't let you slide through my hands

And wild horses couldn't drag me away
And wild horses couldn't drag me away

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

And wld horses couldn't drag me away
And wild horses couldn't drag me away

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
And I have my freedom but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken, and tears must be cried
So let's do some living, after we'll die

And wild horses couldn't drag me away
And wild horses couldn't drag day

And wild horses couldn't drag me away
And wild horses couldn't drag me away
No, couldn't drag me away

I always, always thought when I was a kid listening to The Rolling Stones that the lyric read 'no sweeping exes, on or off stage lines'. It has proved very difficult to sing the correct words now. If you see a chubby brunette singing about 'sweeping exes' please don't laugh (perhaps ask me to stop, but don't laugh), I have sung the wrong lyrics for too long to start changing them now. Join in with me instead, I do like a song and dance number after all.

(Please note that I don't own this song ot its lyrics...)

No comments:

Post a Comment